The Jacobs Foundation Student Traineeship Advancing Research & Systems Change in Education (J STARS) is a unique opportunity for young talents who have both a passion to advance learning and education, and the desire to pursue a career in NGOs, government, international organizations, or international philanthropy. The program aims at enabling young professionals to introduce new perspectives, innovation, and expertise to their fields of work. J STAR trainees spend 6 to 12 months with the Jacobs Foundation. The Jacobs Foundation invites international applicants with a valid working permit for Switzerland.
As a J STAR you will
- be part of one of the largest foundations in Switzerland,
- gain insights into international philanthropy work,
- perform a varied range of tasks with a high degree of independence,
- work in a motivated team in an international environment,
- work at the Jacobs Haus in Zurich or remotely or spend some time in a partner organization and
- receive a remuneration.
- a commitment and passion for field of learning and education,
- outstanding academic credentials,
- excellent partner engagement and team leadership skills and
- international experience.
Human Resources development is a priority for the Jacobs Foundation. Since its beginnings, the Foundation has supported the most promising early and mid-career professionals in different sectors such as science, social business, and journalism. JF accepts applications throughout the year. The start of the traineeship depends on the working program to be defined.
Currently all our internship positions are filled.
We believe it is people who make change possible. Are you one of them?